The differential for the Sd.Kfz 223 has been fully assembled and primed. We are now awaiting the correct paint from the analysis done by our paint conservation partners at Lincoln Conservation to finish the differential. The visors are being freed up from decades of rust – the hinges, catches and stays have been removed and cleared of rust. An image of one of the visors prior to work starting is attached. Those parts not good enough to be used again have been replaced with other originals. Where this is not possible we have used good copies. The chassis is being sprayed at close of business today to allow drying over the weekend. The chassis will be sprayed with another paint analysis result taken from the Werk Horch chassis. It will be interesting to see what it looks like once it is dry.
Work on the Sd.Kfz 222 continues. The nose section continues to receive attention. This is virgin territory for us as this is the first 4 Serie example we have worked on and is proving very interesting as we move from panel to panel. We are fortunate to have so many original 4 Serie panels (gathered over 20 years) which makes for a much easier assembly process.
The carburettor and magneto have been refitted to the Zundapp KS750 after a complete rebuild. The motorcycle starts first time every time and she runs without stopping while idling.