Terms and Conditions
Copyright ©2023 Weald Foundation Limited
The WealdFoundation.com website (the ‘Website’) is owned and managed by the Weald Foundation Ltd, 1 The Sanctuary, Westminster, London SW1P 3JT (“the Foundation”). The Foundation is a charity which has been registered under the Charity Commission for England and Wales on 3 September 2003 with the number 1099261.
The headings used in these General Terms and Conditions (‘Terms’) are for convenience only and are not intended to be an aid to interpretation.
Use of the Website
These terms and conditions apply to access to, and use of, the Website by you (‘User’). Although we have made our best efforts to ensure the information on the Website is reliable, we do not warrant its accuracy, completeness, or adequacy. Any opinions expressed reflect the current view of the Foundation, which may change without notice.
Users are not permitted to use the Website for commercial purposes.
Changes to the Website
The Foundation reserves the right to modify, restrict, interrupt, or terminate the Website or its services at any time.
Changes of Terms and Conditions
The Foundation reserves the right to modify or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
The content and design of the Website are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. Any copying of the Website or its content requires the prior written consent of the Foundation. Users acknowledge that the Foundation, and its suppliers if applicable, retain all rights, titles, and interests in the content and design of the Website. Users will not acquire any rights to this content through the use of the Website. Users may print out a hard copy of individual sections of the Website for their own personal reference only, provided that no copyright or other proprietary notices are removed. The information contained on the Website may not be modified, otherwise reproduced (in whole or in part), distributed, transmitted to any other person or entity, incorporated in any document or other material or linked to (by electronic means or otherwise) without the express prior written permission of the Foundation.
Right to Termination; Undertaking of User
The Foundation reserves the right to terminate User’s access to the Website at any time and to take any action in relation thereto which it believes in its sole and absolute discretion to be appropriate. The User undertakes not to interrupt the operation of the Website in any way and not to engage in any activities related to the Website that are contrary to any applicable law or regulation.
Membership Cancellation & Refund Policy
You may cancel any subscription within 14 calendar days of purchase and receive a full refund from The Weald Foundation. Please contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01892 730 896 to request a cancellation of your subscription. Once we receive notification from you that you wish to cancel, any amount paid to The Weald Foundation for the subscription will be refunded as soon as possible. Please note that if you are taking advantage of our Digital, Annual, or Family subscription rates, we are unable to provide refunds for your initial payment (in whole or in part) after the first 14 days.
Event Ticket Sale Terms & Conditions
- All purchased tickets for events are non-refundable and non-transferable. Once a ticket is purchased, it cannot be exchanged, refunded, or resold under any circumstances. Please ensure that you select the correct event, date, and ticket type before completing your purchase.
- All tickets for events are only available for purchase online through our official website. We do not authorize the sale of tickets through any other platforms or outlets. If you come across tickets being sold elsewhere, please report them to us immediately to prevent fraudulent activities.
- The purchase of a ticket does not guarantee entry to the event. Entry may be subject to additional conditions, such as age restrictions, dress codes, or presentation of valid identification. It is the ticket holder’s responsibility to comply with all such requirements to gain admission to the event.
- Tickets may not be shared, resold, or transferred to another person without the explicit consent of the event organizers. Unauthorized transfer or attempted transfer of a ticket may result in the ticket being voided without a refund.
- The event organizers reserve the right to make changes to the event schedule, program, venue, or lineup as necessary. In the event of a change or cancellation, we will make reasonable efforts to notify ticket holders through the contact information provided during the ticket purchase. However, it is the ticket holder’s responsibility to check for any updates or changes before attending the event.
- The event organizers and venue management shall not be held responsible for any loss, injury, damage, or theft that occurs during the event. Ticket holders assume all risks and liabilities associated with attending the event and release the event organizers, venue management, and their affiliates from any claims or demands arising from such incidents.
- Photography, video recording, or any other form of audiovisual capture is allowed solely for personal use unless expressly authorized in writing by the event organizers. Unauthorized or commercial use of any captured media is prohibited. The organizers may restrict media capture in specific areas of the event, such as vehicle interiors or lectures. They also reserve the right to enforce these restrictions. Professional cameras, recording equipment, or other items deemed inappropriate may be confiscated. Violators might be asked to leave the event without a refund.
- By attending the event, ticket holders consent to be photographed, filmed, or recorded for promotional purposes. The event organizers retain the right to use such media materials for marketing, publicity, or any other lawful purposes without further consent or compensation.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice. The most recent version of the terms and conditions will be available on our website. By purchasing a ticket, you acknowledge and agree to abide by these terms and conditions in their entirety.
Safety of Communication
Communications over the Internet and by e-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure. There is a risk that information contained within an e-mail communication and any attachment thereto, including potentially confidential information, may be intercepted, lost, destroyed or delayed in transmission. Although it will use reasonable efforts to minimise such risk, the Foundation does not warrant that any communication or e-mail or any attachments thereto that it sends out will be free from viruses, worms or other harmful components.
Certain hyperlinks on the Website may direct Users to external sites not controlled or endorsed by the Foundation. When the User clicks on such a link, they will leave the Website. The Foundation is not responsible or liable for any material contained on any other website. The Foundation will remove links to material that it feels is inappropriate as it becomes aware of them. Any User who finds such links objectionable for any reason is encouraged to contact the Weald Foundation.
Except, in each case, to the extent of its own willful misconduct, gross negligence or fraud, neither the Foundation nor its directors, officers, employees, agents or subcontractors shall be liable for loss or damage of any kind whatsoever (whether direct, indirect, punitive, special or consequential, including but not limited to loss of profits) directly or indirectly attributable to or arising as a result of (i) information published on the Website, (ii) any errors in or omissions from the Website; (iii) the use of, or the inability to use, the Website or (iv) that may be suffered by User in connection with the sending and/or receipt of e-mails. The Foundation does not exclude liability for death or personal injury.
The Foundation gives no warranty that use of the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free or that any defects will be corrected or that the Website will not contain any viruses or other harmful components and the Foundation shall not be liable to the User in relation thereto.
If at any time any provision (or part of any provision) of these General Terms and Conditions is, or becomes, illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect under the law of any jurisdiction, that shall not affect or impair the legality, validity or enforceability in that or any other jurisdiction of any other provision (or any other part of that provision) of these Terms and Conditions.
Governing Law; Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed exclusively by the laws of England and constitute the entire agreement between the User and the Foundation in relation to the use of this Website.
Each User who is not a resident of one of the countries for which the Council Regulation (EC) NO 44/2001 of 22 December 2000 on jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters is applicable, or which has entered and ratified the Convention on Jurisdiction and Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters signed at Lugano on 16 September 1988 submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent court of England in respect of any disputes arising under or in relation to these Terms.
All personal data held in the UK by the Foundation is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998, and the Foundation may be a data controller within the meaning of the Act. Data will be collected and processed for membership management purposes, organising events, controlling membership status, etc. Any processing of data will be conducted fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Act and the data protection principles. The Foundation is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner.
A User of this website has the right to (a) access information the Foundation holds about the User, (b) request the amendment of any incorrect information, and (c) request the Foundation no longer processes the User’s personal information (although this may result in User’s inability to access certain areas of the Website). In order to do any of these, please contact the Data Protection Manager.
Certain sections of the Website use pop-up windows, for example, when viewing an enlarged image of one of the Foundation’s vehicles. In order to view these pop-ups, Users will need to disable any pop-up blockers that may be running on their computers.