Central lubrication system continues to be in focus. Additional manuals from the late 1930s and 1940s from Willi Vogel have been secured providing all the detail we ever needed for this aspect of the projects. One manual in particular which arrived yesterday covered the actual hoses needed in the chassis for the central lubrication providing all the dimensions.
The steering hubs are being machined currently including all of the internal fittings. These were made from our early and late examples here. Patterns were made and castings taken. Now for the final work before assembly. These will arrive together with many other items that are now finished. Remember the rising butt hinge saga – that is now completely behind us.
More components have been secured. We have found that fewer items are on offer over the past 4 weeks than before . We assume this is due to the Covid 19 in which people are not out there looking for new items at the moment. The sooner we get back to normality the better but we have made excellent use of the Lock Down thus far.
We now have multiple Mahle fuel taps – more than enough to complete the 3 German armoured cars. Spares will be taken from those that have not stood the test of time that well. We now have a full complement of original driver’s seats for the Ausf. A (2 piece ) armoured cars including one spare.
We have made breakthroughs in our South African Reconnaissance Car Marmon Herrington MK III research. A number of the missing armoured panels have been secured. We will continue to push for parts for this project as we intend to start work on the 2 of them once we have completed the 3 German armoured cars- the Sd.Kfz.222, Sd.Kfz.223 and Sd.Kfz.261.