We spent the week stripping down our early 5 Serie (final series) chassis (fahrgestell ), recovering and researching parts from stores for the German armoured car project. One huge break this week was when we found a near complete set of suspension units for the Typ V 5 Serie chassis in our stores. This had been disregarded for years but nagged away in our memory until now. Research into the brake cylinders required, steering (lenkrad ) unit required for this 5 Serie Ausf B chassis and all of the other related suspension components required triggered the Eureka moment mentioned above. Next steps are bringing all of these components together and cleaning the chassis off in a delicate manner in readiness for the extensive repair job required on it.