Working on the Jagdpanther
In preparation for Tankfest, we have started work on the Jagdpanther. This week we removed several road wheels to enable access to the wheel bearing retaining nut. This has given us trouble in the past but fortunately was in good shape. We removed and cleaned the spark plugs which have become clogged due to only doing short runs. A small setting change was made to the fuel system and the steering mechanism was adjusted. We checked the battery charging and comms system. We found some issues with the comms system that will be worked on next week. Also next week we will be making four new gas mask holders.
In addition to this work, research continues on the chassis number for the 251, in collaboration with Hilary Doyle.